Nat King Cole says it best, “Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Those days of soda and pretzels and beer
Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
You wish that summer could always be here!”
Well, summer is well under way. Apologies to my loyal readers, as I took a bit of a blog holiday without notice. This hasn’t stopped me from thinking about all the fabulous treats that summer brings.
Here are my top five summer staples….
1. Summer Stir-Fry- I am all about the grill in the summertime. Super easy and a bit different every time. Throw some veggies in the wok or on the grill. Add some protein (I like chicken or tofu). Season. Cook up some brown rice or sweet potatoes, and you have a fabulous meal!
2. Raspberry Lime Rickey – A New England childhood favorite. So refreshing and a delicious way to cool off. I always ask for soda water. Here is the recipe:
- 1 lime, room temperature and rolled about to make it release the juices when cut.
- raspberry syrup- try making your own to avoid red dye!
- soda water
4. Summer Salads
My favorite combination:
- Salty Sea Feta (Narragansett Creamery)
- Mixed Greens
- Red Onion
- Kalamata Olives
Top everything with your favorite dressing or some olive oil. Enjoy!
It has become a Sunday tradition to go to a friend’s farm in Rhode Island for fellowship and a bring your own grill style meal. After a lot of laughter and several games of Monopoly Deal, we usually find ourselves driving to this adorable farm in Connecticut for homemade ice cream. It not only has homemade ice cream but waffle cones made to order! We certainly enjoy it, and it is worth the trip to CT!
I read somewhere that Massachusetts has more ice cream shops per square mile than any other state! This certainly helps my summer ice cream obsession. Here are some of my favorite ice cream places I find myself rotating amongst….
Heidi’s Hollow Farm